Last Updated: July 5, 2022
Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is publicly available, deidentified, or aggregated.
- The categories of Personal Information we collect, include: Identifiers such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, credit card, bank account and other payment information, driver’s license information, IP address, and username/password combination for our website;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history and information regarding your interactions with our website, Services, or advertisements;
- Geolocation data;
- Professional and employment-related information.
- Inferences from any of the above that may reflect your preferences, characteristics, trends, predispositions, behavior, or attitudes.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information through various means, including when you directly provide information to us and when we automatically collect information about you through your use of our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information you provide directly to us when you:
- Request a quote or purchase services from us;
- Inquire about our services;
- Register or maintain an account with us;
- Apply for employment with us;
- Pursue a business relationship with CBT Logistics Group;
- Explore possible transactions with CBT Logistics Group including leasing and/or purchasing a truck or equipment;
- Book transactions with CBT Logistics Group and/or seek updates;
- Inquire about CBT Logistics Group’s corporate affairs;
- Subscribe to our mailing list and/or newsletter;
- Communicate with us by mail, email, phone, online chat, text, fax, or other means;
- Post comments, photos, stories, or reviews on our website;
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion, or event; or
- Connect with us on social media.
- Publish or share content regarding CBT Logistics Group on social media (e.g., Twitter®, Instagram®, Pinterest®, Facebook®).
Information We Collect Automatically
In addition to information you provide to us directly, we, along with our agents, vendors, and consultants (collectively “Service Providers”) may collect information automatically about our Services and how you use them. The types of Personal Information that may be collected automatically when using our Services include:
- IP address, location, age, and gender;
- Browser type and language, operating system type, access time, duration of visit, and referring website address;
- The pages you view within our website, search terms you enter, and other actions you take while visiting us (including random deployed usage of click tracking);
- The pages you view immediately before and after accessing our Services;
- How often you use our Services;
- Information related to whether you’ve opened an email or clicked on a link contained in an email we sent;
- Information from a referring source (an advertising site, blog, social media site, etc.);
- Information from surveys and promotions you participate in electronically.
From time to time, we also purchase personal information from third-party data brokers that compile information and make it available for a fee.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
Emails that we and our marketing service providers send may include similar tracking tools that provide us with information related to whether you’ve opened an email or clicked on a link contained in an email. More information on how to unsubscribe from our marketing emails is found below. From time to time, CBT Logistics Group may engage in targeted advertising to you when you use other sites on the internet such as Google, Bing, Facebook, etc.
Please note that our website does not have the technology to automatically respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals sent by web browsers, mobile devices, or other mechanisms.
Website Analytics Information
How We Use Your Information
CBT Logistics Group uses the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- To process, track and deliver your orders (and send you related order information, including but not limited to order confirmations, invoices, updates, recall notices and support);
- To process payments;
- To respond to inquiries, requests, and comments from you;
- To send promotional offers and advertisements regarding our Services and those of our partners;
- To send you employment information and opportunities;
- To operate and improve our website and Services;
- For customer service, security, and to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent, harmful or illegal activities.
Sharing of Personal Information
CBT Logistics Group employs Service Providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as website analytics, digital advertising, name and address verification, marketing (such as sending mail, email and text messages), market research, promotions management, payment processing, analyzing data, and providing customer service. We May also use Service Providers to provide an online chat service for our customers. If you use this chat service, the content of the chat messages as well as your email address, IP address, and other Personal Information you provide via the chat feature may be shared with our Service Providers. To ensure that your privacy is respected and protected, we provide these companies and individuals with only the information they need to perform their services.
CBT Logistics Group may disclose personal information to comply with applicable law, court order, or subpoena.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect Personal Information against unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no method of electronic storage or transmitting information over the Internet is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of our systems and databases and we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
Please do your part to help keep your Personal Information secure by keeping your password confidential, changing it from time to time, and logging out after using our Services.
Ownership of Information Submitted Through Our Website
Except as otherwise provided in any Terms and Conditions applicable to the Site, we are the sole owners of any information that you submit through the Site, and any photos, documents, works of authorship, or other items (“Contributed Materials”) that you voluntarily provide to us through the Site. We are not obliged to return any Contributed Materials to any person who may submit or contribute Contributed Materials to us. We reserve the right to delete, modify, or create derivative works based on Contributed Materials prior to using them on the Site or for other purposes except where prohibited by copyright laws. Minors (i.e., legal persons under the age of 18) should not submit any Contributed Materials without the prior consent of their parent or legal guardian.
Links to Other Websites
CBT Logistics Group is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any third-party websites that may be linked to or from our website. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of other websites to understand their privacy practices.
Social Media Sharing Features
Who May Use this Website
Your CaliforniaPrivacy Rights
Your California privacy rights CBT Logistics Group does not provide direct-to-consumer products or services. CBT Logistics Group is, however, a service provider to some businesses that may directly engage in transactions with California consumers. In our role as a service provider, we process and maintain personal information of California consumers for the following purposes:
- To perform our contractual obligations to the businesses that hire us;
- To retain or employ other service providers as subcontractors, subject to the same limitations on collection and use of personal information as apply to us;
- For internal use to build or improve the quality of our Services;
- To detect data security incidents;
- To comply with federal, state or local law; to comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons; to cooperate with law enforcement concerning conduct or activity that we or our client reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state or local law;
- To exercise or defend legal claims.
We also provide our products and services to other businesses (a “business-to-business” or “B2B” model) and in jurisdictions outside California. The limitations above do not apply to personal information obtained in the B2B context or that relates to non-Californians.
Requests to Know or Delete Information. If you are a California consumer who wishes to exercise your right to know or delete your personal information under the CCPA, please contact the business(es) from which you have purchased products. If we receive a request to know or delete from a consumer, we will inform the consumer that the request cannot be acted upon because the request has been sent to a service provider, as specified in the California Consumer Privacy Act Regulations § 999.314(e).
Requests to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information. In our role as a service provider, we do not sell the personal information of California consumers to third parties. As such, if you are an individual consumer, there is no need to submit a request to opt-out of the sale your personal information. If you are direct customer of CBT Logistics Group (a/k/a a business-to-business customer), you may opt-out of the sale of your personal information by contacting us as provided below.
Your Right Not to Receive Discriminatory Treatment. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, we will not deny our products or services to you, charge a different price for our products or services, or provide a different level or quality of products or services unless those differences are reasonably related to the value of your personal information.
Nevada Privacy Notice
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. However, because we do not sell personal information as that term is defined under Nevada law, there is no need to opt-out.
Our Services Are Not for Children
Our Services are not targeted towards, nor intended to be used by, children under the age of 16. CBT Logistics Group does not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 16 and you believe your child has submitted personal information to us, please contact us so that we can delete the information.
How You Can Opt-Out of Our Email Marketing Lists
If at any time you would like to remove your name from our mailing or marketing lists or change or correct your current information, please click on the “unsubscribe” link in our emails. You can also email
CBT Logistics Group LLC
3804 Cooke Boulevard, Suite 15
Chesapeake, VA 23223
Attn: Legal Department